Anne Brown firstname.lastname@example.org 07719270954
December 2020 news is here: NI newsletter Dec 20 – enjoy!
Annual carrot chase 26th October 2019
Many thanks to everyone involved in making the day a massive success.
Some of the DBS members taking a well deserved break outside the courthouse at The Ulster Folk Museum Cultra
Tristan Brown with his donkey Firecracker, ready for the off!
Some of our junior members tucking into tasty food!
Jill Castles from Lurgan with her donkeys Percy , Dave the Rave and Dec setting off on the Carrot Chase.
Anne Brown from Saintfield with Jack, Kathryn McKeag from Killinchy with Fire Cracker and Adam Brown
For the wonderful photos and video of The Mullahead Ploughing Championships 2019 – see here
AGM 9th February 2019
Have a look at the photos here in the gallery. It was a great evening.
Pet Class at the Cultra DBSNI Championship Show at The Ulster Folk and Transport Museum in August
We received these two gorgeous photos from a visitor to the show, Colleen, from Ottawa in Canada. Permissions have been granted to include them here:
Successful Training Day held by the Donkey Breed Society NI
The sun shone for our Elementary training day. A brilliant crowd of enthusiastic folk enjoyed in-depth demonstrations from farrier Bruce Carson (D.W.C.F) on hoof care and also Gareth Bell from Jubilee Veterinary in Newtownards about knowing when your donkey is unwell. These demonstrations gave people a chance to ask questions and ask for advice relating to their own donkey whilst building upon their existing knowledge and experience . Our sincere thanks to both for providing such interesting and useful information!
After a talk on paddocks and a visit out to the fields it was a chance for everyone to get arty!! We all channelled our inner 5 year olds and came up with some…erm…’interesting’ junk art ideal paddocks for donkeys. We finished on a long reining demo which encouraged a lot of interest and discussion.
Biggest thank you to everyone who attended both DBS members and non. We made new friends today all while having the craic which makes our wee society so worthwhile!!
- Bruce Carson D.W.C.F farrier demonstrating donkey hoof care
- Members and non Getting busy making their ideal donkey paddock out of Junk Art material
- Gareth Bell from Jubilee Veterinary Centre , Newtownards discussing donkey health and signs to look out for if your donkey is feeling unwell
- Discussing paddock management for donkeys
- Kirsty Best (right) Jenny Lyttle , Julie Donnell and Daphne Stewart meeting a resident donkey
- Junior members of the Donkey Breed Society NI Leah Rafferty and Caragh Cochrane getting busy making their ideal paddock suitable for donkeys using junk art
- A junior member of the Donkey Breed Society NI , Kathryn McKeag showing her thinking about what would be an ideal paddock for a donkey using junk art
Please visit our Facebook page on The Donkey Breeds Society NI to find out more about our club and forthcoming events.